We invite all interested students, 1L-3L (part-time and full-time), to submit a candidacy application to the Denver Journal of International Law & Policy, a nationally recognized and ranked international law journal.
As a staff editor you will:
- Contribute to the Denver Journal of International Law & Policy Online Forum, for possible publication
- Gain greater proficiency in Bluebooking and legal research skills.
- Earn up to 1 credits per semester as a Staff Editor and 3 credit per semester as a Board Member
The candidacy write-on process has three parts. Part I is a skills component testing your knowledge of the Bluebook and research skills needed for cite and sourcing. Part II is a written component in the form of a 250-400 word note on a timely topic of interest to the international community. Part III is a brief statement of interest on why you are interested in joining the Denver Journal of International Law & Policy.
2023-2024 Candidacy Dates
The journal has two candidacy periods per year:
- Fall 2023: Friday, September 1st at 5pm – Wednesday, September 13th at 11:59pm
- Spring 2024: Friday, January 19th at 5pm – Wednesday, January 31st at 11:59pm.
Spring 2024 Candidacy will be managed via the ‘Denver Journal of International Law & Policy’ Canvas course. Please utilize the following link or QR code to request access: https://forms.gle/6LJPmP9HCm3mTHyG6. **You must request access to be added to the Canvas page and access the candidacy packet.**
If you have any questions, please contact the Candidacy & Events Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.